3 Things You Need to Know
Only the patented PreserVision® formula contains the exact level of nutrients recommended by the NEI to help reduce the risk of moderate to advanced AMD progression.
Ocuvite vitamins support general eye health but do not contain the same formula that was studied in the AREDS2 trial.See Comparison
They do not contain the same levels of nutrients found in the AREDS 2 Formula.
PreserVision® Product Choices
Contains the exact levels of nutrients recommended by the NEI based on the AREDS2 study.
- Patented formula
- Contains the exact levels of six key nutrients recommended by the National Eye Institute to help reduce the risk of progression in patients with moderate to advanced AMD
- Smaller pill size†
†Compared to original PreserVision AREDS 2 soft gel
Contains the same level of nutrients recommended by the NEI in a great-tasting chewable.
- Same level of nutrients recommended by the National Eye Institute to help reduce the risk of progression in patients with moderate to advanced AMD
- An option for patients who experience swallowing difficulty
- Great-tasting mixed berry flavor
Offers the benefits of PreserVision® AREDS 2 plus essential vitamins and minerals found in a typical multivitamin.
- Convenient 2-in-1 formula
- Combines the benefits of PreserVision® AREDS 2 formula plus a daily vitamin
- Two soft gels per day
The original AREDS formula, with beta-carotene. Not recommended for current or former smokers.
Supports macular pigment that helps filter blue light.
Take two daily: one in the morning, one in the evening, with food.
Patients who sign up for our SightMatters savings and AMD education program may be more likely to adhere to their AREDS vitamin regimen. Designed especially for people with age-related macular degeneration, the website offers information and tips to keep patients informed and able to actively help manage their condition.
Only PreserVision® AREDS and AREDS 2 Formula vitamins exactly match the formulas used during the AREDS clinical trials.
The science behind the AREDS 2 ingredients
Levels based on daily dosage
AREDS 2 Formula
|Zinc1||80 mg||69.6 mg||69.6 mg|
|Lutein2||10 mg||10 mg|
|Vitamin C4||500 mg||452 mg||452 mg|
|Vitamin E3||180 mg||180 mg||180 mg|
|Copper5||2 mg||1.6 mg||1.6 mg|
(100% as Beta-Carotene)
- Essential for many cellular functions, including limiting oxidant-induced damage in the eye
- Diet-derived component of macular pigment that helps fortify the macula, which helps filter blue light
- Important antioxidant in the eye that inhibits generation of unstable molecules
- Essential element for eye health, present in high concentrations in the retina and choroid that influences cell metabolism